Last year I had so much fun hosting the Natural Dye KAL that I’ve decided to do it again. This year, however, I’m changing the name from KAL (knitalong) to MAL (makealong) to be more welcoming to crocheters and weavers, and I’ll be extending the MAL from three months to a whole year, from the first day of summer 2019 to the first day of summer 2020, to enable those who want to dye their own yarn by encompassing a full range of seasons with which to harvest and forage for plant material, no matter which hemisphere you reside.
Interested in joining along? We’d love to have you! Here are the rules:
- The Natural Dye Makealong will run from June 21st, 2019 to June 21st, 2020
- Enter with as many finished objects (FO’s) as you’d like. The more FOs you enter, the more likely you are to win.
- To join, make any knitted or crocheted project using naturally dyed yarns. You can use yarn that you dyed yourself or that you have acquired from another natural dyer.
- Please take a photo of the yarn before you use it and tell us a little bit about it. If you dyed it yourself, what did you use? If you purchase from another dyer, do they give any information on what they used?
- Double-dipping with other K/CALs is allowed.
- WIPs are a-ok.
- Use the hashtag #naturaldyeMAL for your WIPs and #naturaldyeMALFO for your FO’s on Instagram
- Prizes will be drawn from the FO thread on Ravelry and the Instagram Hashtag #naturaldyeMALFO
- Prizes are TBD
If you have any questions, please leave them here under this post or in the Ravelry group chatter thread. I look forward to seeing your natural dye experiments! Happy making.